In the spotlight
Vice U.S from hellopiacere
Director of Photography @mattnoll
Field audio @matthewbetlej
Where People Forget to Die | Ikaria, Greece
The second installment in the 5 part series shot in Ikaria, Greece. On this mountainous island, where we would learn of the similarities and differences between blue zones places and people.
Sisse Fisker on DRTV did a documentary at Karimalis Winery about Ikarians’ way of life, their diet and their lifestyle.
Sisse Fisker travels to the small Greek island of Ikaria, which is one of the least touristic islands in Greece. Here Sisse lives with Georgios and Elini who enjoy a sustainable life, where they are almost 100% self-sufficient. But in addition to staying with the family, they also take her around the island to sniff out some of the things that may be the secret of the residents' longevity.
Sarah Anna Lyv , German ‘HealthTv’
Many people dream of a long life and eternal youth. There are regions where the residents get close to their destination and on average get very old, some over 100 years. The Greek island of Ikaria belongs to these “blue zones”. Influencer and presenter Sarah Anna Lyv went in search of clues as to the secret recipe of the Ikariots. A healthy diet with many herbs plays a major role in this.
Cosmote History TV channel
Christodoulos Xenakis, initiator of the sailing race ‘Ikaria Senior Regatta 2017’, a race whose participating sailors are strictly older than 70, gives us a tour of Ikaria and talks to us about his idea.
Narration by: Konstantinos Markoulakkis
A video about us on Cosmote History TV channel.
My Greek Table With Diane Kochilas
Diane’s friend Eleni joins her to cook a hearty one-pot summer vegetable stew and savor a rich, plant-based feast. Discover the spirit of Ikaria, which leaves no place for anxiety or life ruled by the clock, but plenty of time for an impromptu dance and a feast for the senses that’s healthy as can be.
You will also read about us in the following books, magazines and articles:
The Blue Zones Kitchen: 100 recipes to live 100
p. 188,189,223,227 | link
IKARIA Diane Kochilas, Lessons from, Life, and Longevity from the Greek Island Where People Forget to Die
p.23,113,182,190, 294,295 | link
SISSE FISKER, Livets opskrift, EN KORT GUIDE TIL DET GODE LANGE LIV
p. 207-233 | link
JOURNEY WITH THE ICARIANS IN THE 20TH CENTURY
p. 240 | link
The Print Media
• Blue, fly smart, Aegean & Olympic Air inflight magazine, JULY-AUGUST 2019
• Blue, fly smart, Aegean & Olympic Air inflight magazine, SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER 2016
• Τα Νέα, ΣΑΒΒΑΤΟΚΥΡΙΑΚΟ, 22-23 ΜΑΡΤΊΟΥ 2014
• Big Picture, U.K Magazine
• Hälsa, Swedish Magazine, 04.2020
• Annette Spaan For Méditerranée Magazine
"I always wanted to visit the Greek island of Ikaria, which is known for its longevity. I did so last year and discovered the Karimalis organic farm. For Méditerranée Magazine I wrote a culinary article about their farm, wonderful cooking classes and their lessons for a healthy lifestyle."
• Jenny’s Blog
• Elizabeth Schanche Lingjaerde in the Norwegian travel blog Bortebest
• Lydia Vasko in a Singaporean newspaper. My favourite restaurant is run by local legend Eleni Karimali at Ikarian Winery (www.ikarianwine.gr). The restaurant has made a name for itself in the last decade by appearing in several television programmes worldwide and featuring in several cookbooks.
• An article in Irish Times about us by Donal Skehan